Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Do you have any tips/advice for me (taking the Ap English Language and Composition exam) tomorrow?

I re-asked this question because I didn't get receive any responses in the Standards and Testing Category.





Basically I haven't really studied using study guides but just going over material in class. We did many essays but not all of them were timed. I think I've got it down, but I'd like extra tips or information about the test.





I don't mean anything like eat a good breakfast or get plenty of sleep because I sure will do that. I am also good at keeping the timing down. Just any little thing you experienced on the exam that you'd like to share. Thanks in advance!Do you have any tips/advice for me (taking the Ap English Language and Composition exam) tomorrow?
You know, you could probably go in with a list of subjects to write about, can't you?


It helps to have at least 3 or 4 ideas or topics to write about. And simply make a basic outline of your ideas before writing out the whole thing, rather than trying to spout out off the top of your head.


And let it be okay to screw up. Do you know, I've been out of school for a long time, and not once was I ever asked what grade I got on ____ exam in ____ class in high school. Not Once! I mean seriously, NEVER!! So if you get a B or a C on your exam, don't kill yourself over it! A passing grade is still a passing grade.Toilets don't care about what grade you got on your exams, especially when you need the hose to wash the whole bathroom down in a famous National Park. Rocks and trees don't care what grade you got in freshman history, especially when you are walking past them. People want clean hotel rooms, not your grade in English. People at restaurants pay money for someone else to cook them food, serve it to them, and clean up after them when they are done. Your grade on this exam means nothing to them. Plumbers don't care about your grade, they just want to fix your toilet or your sink and go home. let me tell you, more important than my english degree for my monthly column in my local newspaper was how I clearly presented my subject so someone else could read and understand my meaning.


So in the big picture of things relax. There are millions of other people on the other side of the planet who don't know you, and your exam grade will not make or break their existence.


You wouldn't have made it this far if you did not have the ability or the capability. You do know what you know. You will do fine.Do you have any tips/advice for me (taking the Ap English Language and Composition exam) tomorrow?
dont freak out. Since the essays are timed, plan what youre going to write about before you start writing your essay. If they give you a planning period, plan what youre going to write for all the essays

No comments:

Post a Comment