Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tips & Advice on flying with a 7 month old baby?

Am heading to California in march, my daughter will be 7 months around the time we take off we are going to California together, here the problem tho, i have never flown with a baby before and i need some tips and help on what i can bring and what to pack like how much diapers and formula and all that crap, now when i go i have to pack our clothes and the stroller and car seat but the stroller doesn't connect with the car seat will i be able to put the car seat under the plane ill only be there for only for 5 days tho, but i really need some help with this because i have no idea what i can do when i go hopefully i can get some good advice and tips on everything thank you very much


can you carry can formula on the plane with you in the diaper bag or will they take it from youTips %26amp; Advice on flying with a 7 month old baby?
I feel like I'm a flying expert. My son is 2yrs, 3 months and my daughter is 6 months. We have flown with our kids since they were each 2 months old.


I'm not sure about formula. I know you can take breastmilk through. I think if it's for a bottle, you can brink it though, just tell them. You can always make the bottle after you get through security.


Diapers- you can probably estimate how many you need. If you run out, I'm sure you can pick some up in CA, they will have plenty of stores!


You should be able to either check or gate check the car seat and stroller, and I'm pretty sure that they don't count for your checked items, meaning you shouldn't have to pay to check them. If you want to use them in the airport, you can just gate check them and wait for them after you land. I've never had a problem with this (other than getting a soaked car seat because of rain once).


Your baby should be pretty good on the plane. I've heard that the pressure shouldn't affect their ears until after 1yr old. My son has never shown any signs of hurting. But just in case, try to feed your daughter on take off and landing. Either a bottle, or something else to eat or drink. When your ears pop, you should probably give her something.


I have tried to keep my kids up as long as I can before the flight, and hold their naps until I'm in the air. That way I'm not stressed about them crying with so many people to hear. Most people are considerate, but not everyone.


Good luck!!!!Tips %26amp; Advice on flying with a 7 month old baby?
So I travelled with my son at 7 months too, I brought on wipes, diapers (you dont need a whole lot just enough to get you there, then pack the rest in your luggage) some of his favourite toys his blanket and baby tylenol just in case. You can side check your stroller which makes life much easier, so you don't have to carry her through the airport you can push the stroller right until you get on the plane, then at your destination right when you get off the plane its right there. Then just check your carseat. And because you have a baby you can bring formula just inform them what it is.
your car seat and stroller will be packed under the plane but not until you get to the gate (well, the car seat can go with your luggage). Put your car seat in a clear garbage bag to prevent it from getting dirtied up with your name on it and when you take your stroller all the way to the gate/terminal they will keep it till everyone boards then the thing will go down below.


Pack your baby a pacifier or give her a bottle on take off and landing, that's usually when the babies cry, they don't know how to pop their ears. Try to get premade formula from somewhere that sells it in exact ounces because you can't carry fluids on, you can bring powder on but the water to mix it with has to be sealed so you'll have to give your baby bottled water (which I heard is bad) so I just took the premade ones). Also, pack a few pairs of clothes too in case she has an accident and you can't get to your stuff that's checked for a while. I'd pack an outfit of your own in her diaper bag too in case she has an accident on you, that way you don't have to sit there in dirty clothes. Pack extra blankets and possibly a hat since they keep the airplanes cold and I think the strewardesses let you get up and walk your baby back and forth when the fasten light goes off.





That's about all I can think about.


Good Luck :)


(times might have changed since I flew...I guess now you can carry 3oz of liquid but when I flew it was ZERO, couldn't even take lipgloss on the plane)
How long is the ride?





Bring enough diapers to hold u over for a few hrs in the diaper bag (yes u can bring formula and the diaper bag with u on the plane).





U can put the car seat under the plane...if u have a cover for it, I would use it because it gets banged around and can get dirty.





U can take the stroller all the way to the gate with u and they will have it for u once u get off the plane.





Bring snacks and toys. The take off may bother ears..so a diaper, cup, or paci to suck on may help JUST IN CASE (wasn't an issue for mine though).

No comments:

Post a Comment