Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tips/advice for Year 11?

I am going to start school tomorow..


and I really want to do well in my GCSE's





By not being big-headed..





My grades are usually above average. I am in top set for most classes. I normally get A*/A grades.





But.. I am extremely lazy.


I only work when I am properly motivated.





Otherwise, I do not work. I always find something else to do. Whether its listen to music, use the net, watch tv, or something that impossible to not do - daydream.





Year 10 was not a great year, I relied on year 11 to work harder.





Any tips/advice?





All answers appreciated


xTips/advice for Year 11?
Ummm, get a rocket up your ***!?





What is the question anyway?Tips/advice for Year 11?
Well, you need to find motivation. Doing well should be enough.


You also need to get rid of the distractions. Turn off your TV %26amp; computer, don't listen to music. My best advice for the not daydreaming would be to work in half hour stints, do some hard work for half an hour, then watch Friends for example, thats what I do. Or try and make your work fun, Art especially can be a good subject to do for fun work.


Just don't let yourself get distracted, you are working for your future - there's the motivation.





ps, i am going into year 11 too, and I do all of the above, with the exception of putting my music on as a background because I honestly do work better.





Really hope I helped


xxx
I have the same problem has you I always Tell myself i will do it tommorrow and it never gets done. I cant find the movitation to do it .Seriously .... Right now im meant to be revising but .... : (





Sry that i cant give you any advice !!!!
Yep I have just got my GCSE results and I am well chuffed. It was only because I worked twice as hard as I messed around in year 10 talking. So my advice to you is DO YOUR WORK! It may seem like a lecture but in the end if you know you have done your best you will be proud and wont have any regrets. Don't let the last 5 years go down the drain!
If you feel that you are lazy, think to yourself ';Well if I do not do it, then it wil get on top of all the other things I have to do, and in the long term, this will build up and make everything else harder to cope with';





Try and motivate YOURSELF! In the real world when you live on your own, then you will have not many other people to rely on with your job and daily life - if you do not do it, then it will not get done.





Yes, I always find something else to do - but maybe you could compromise - listen to music and do your homework, or have something on in the background.


Maybe in Extreme cases, you get the people that you live with, to take the music away or the internet away until you have done everything. Not once have I done that I must admit, however it may work for you.


Self esteem is a must also - if you do not think that you can do it, then you are likely to do less well in that subject, or less well in that piece of homework/coursework. You must have the motivation and self esteem (not too much self esteem that makes you big headed otherwise you may feel that you are better and you may fail that way) but just enough to say that I can do it if I try my very hardest.





'It's staggering what a person can do if they only try.' - Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment