Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tips/advice from those who've lost +20 lbs?

I'm looking to lose about 40 lbs, because that is how much I am overweight. I'm a 5'6 190 lb female, 19 y/o. I know all about eating right and exercising.





I was wondering if anyone has any advice or tips, coming from their own experience?





I'm not looking to lose it fast, I know that's impossible. I would just like some inspiration and information from those who have been in my shoes.





Thanks!Tips/advice from those who've lost +20 lbs?
Try these good nutrition meals. It helped me lose 70 lbs. in 9 months, along with a workout program to help you burn calories and build lean muscle which helps you burn more fat and lean down and tone up. Good luck and email me if you need additional info. I have my clients on this and they love it and lose an average of 2 lbs. a week along with their workouts that I have designed for them. It is important to eat for what you are going to be doing in the next 3 hours. No/ low carbs if you are going to nap , carbs if you are going to be able to wrok that energy off.


*eat every 2-3 hours and smaller portions. eat 5-6 small meals a day


Breakfast


~1 陆 cups high fiber cereal with 1 cup of 1% or 2% milk or soy milk of your choice add 录 cups of blueberries or strawberries


~ 2 tbsp. of Acai berry juice (20 minutes before every meal ) with Sweet potato and grilled chicken breast


~ 1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese with a piece of whole grain toast 录 spoon of cinnamon and 录 spoon of splenda added


~ 1 cup low-fat yogurt with 陆 cup of berries of your choice mixed in along with a piece of whole grain toast with peanut butter.


~ 1 grapefruit with 2 tsp. splenda and a slice of whole grain toast with 1 tbsp. peanut butter


~ 1 cup of steel-cut oatmeal/ weight control instant oats from Quaker with 录 to 陆 cup of frozen mixed berries and 陆 cup of cottage cheese


~Scrambled eggs with very light cooking spray and any veggies of your choice and a slice of whole grain toast with 1 tbsp. of peanut butter


~ 1 Weight watchers bagel of choice with 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese or low fat cream cheese with sliced strawberries and 1 tsp. splenda


~ Oat bran bagel with cream cheese, 6 oz. of low fat yogurt and cantaloupe


~ 1 c. of high fiber cereal and 1 medium banana


~1 med. banana 录 c. almond 1 c. yogurt (mix together


Mid morning/ afternoon snack


~ Imitation crab meat salad with your choice of toppings


~ 1 apple and three graham crackers


~ Peanut butter and low sugar jelly sandwich


~ 陆 cup of raw baby carrots, 陆 c. of sliced and peeled cucumbers with light ranch dressing


~ 1 100 calorie pack of smart pop popcorn


~ 1 fresh and peeled pear cut in half with 2 tsp. of light mayo and 录 c. of 2% shredded cheese to go on top


~ 陆 c. hummus (homemade if possible) with 1 c. of fresh veggies


~ 1 serving of whey protein


~ 1 serving of casein powder


~ 1 South beach protein bar


~ 1 Fiber 1 bar


~ 1 Lite and fit yogurt with 2 tbsp. of grape nuts mixed in


Lunch and or dinner~ 2-3 slices of fresh low-sodium turkey breast, 1 c. of seedless red grapes, 录 c. of walnuts or almonds, and a stick of 2% cheese of your choice


~ 1 Weight watchers bagel of choice with 2 wedges of laughing cow cheese or low fat cream cheese with sliced strawberries and 1 tsp. splenda


~ 1 c. whole grain pasta with small grilled chicken breast tossed in a fresh basil extra virgin olive oil


~ grilled chicken breast, 1/2 c. of brown rice, 陆 c. steamed broccoli


~Lean hamburger on a wheat bun with light condiments and all of the veggies you can handle on it


~ grilled chicken breast, 1/2 c. of brown rice, 陆 c. steamed broccoli


~ 1 c. whole grain pasta with small grilled chicken breast tossed in a fresh basil extra virgin olive oil


~ grilled salmon, 陆 c. brown rice, and 1 c. steamed zucchini and squash


~ baked flounder, 陆 cup of brown rice, and 1 c. of steamed veggies


~grilled lean steak with grilled portabella mushroom caps and a side romaine salad


~Lean hamburger on a rye, pumpernickel or sourdough bun with light condiments and all of the veggies you can handle on it


~ 6 oz. of boiled shrimp, 1 c. whole grain pasta, 陆 c. steamed broccoli and 5 sprays of smart balance butter


~Grilled chicken breast romaine salad with your choice of good toppings (include some type of nut)


~ Imitation crab meat salad with your choice of toppings


Nighttime snack (before bed, important to keep blood sugar levels even through the night)


~ 1 serving of whey protein


~ 1 serving of casein powder


~ 1 South beach protein bar


~ 1 Fiber 1 bar


~ 1 apple and three graham crackers with 1 tablespoon smart balance or all natural peanut butter


My workout routine


I do a push pull workout on most days. 3 days a week i do strength training and the other 3 I do 65 minutes cardio moderate speed (3.5- 3.7)for walking on an incline of 1-2. For running, I run at a speed of 5.5-6 mph on an incline of 0-1, with 1 minute of warm-up before I run at 3.5 mph and for at least 5-10 minutes to cool down afterward. I stretch as well for approximately 5 minutes. I take Sundays off to rest and relax. Push pull for example is doing triceps extension with or without a break then doing biceps curls and adding reverse or regular crunches in there to make sure I get abs in and it cuts down on time. I do abs a lot to keep my core strong. I try to get all of the muscles in that area to work together on the same day. Do the amount of weight for what you want to accomplish. Say for toning, lighTips/advice from those who've lost +20 lbs?
Been there,done that and was successful. You seem to know everything you need to do to get the job done. All I really did was eat in moderation and I did cut back quite a bit with fast food especially and sweets like pastries. Drink a lot of water because it keeps you full. Eat healthy meals to keep you full and energized and don't step on the scale all the time because when you do and you don't see results right away you might get a little discouraged. I don't know if you have ever heard of the plateau which is when you start to lose weight and then for like 2 weeks or so your body doesn't really lose any more weight and that is just because your body has gotten used to the routine that you are on so in order to keep losing the weight you must switch up your excersises and or have a more intense workout. You could do that by walking more than usual or running more or adding different excersises. You will do fine!
the 2 major things that helped me was looking into the Glycemic Index (which I was looking up for other health reasons), and picking a specific exercise routine that targeted which section of the body I wanted to lose the weight in (I wanted to keep the big boobs but I wanted to lose the after-preggo belly underneath).
Dear, I've lost 60 lb, with hard work and starving BUT, I stumbled on this book just about two weeks ago. I still need to loose 16pounds to get fit, and this book is actually helping me. Better way by far than the one I've been using since 2003! The book is called 'I CAN MAKE YOU THIN'; by Dr. Paul McKenna. If anything else, it is helping me to really have a good relationship with food and see it from a different perspective. You can do it girl! Good luck to you.
Hey, Im 21 Yrs 5'5 and weight 185 I am 50lbs over weight as well. I have lost some manage weight when I finally out of school. I realize that my body was my problem and I just didn't take care of. So I decided to change myself not for no one but for myself. I use to be 210 when I started my quest. I decided to start small that way my body would get the hang of what its not use too. So every other day I either went for a walk or roller bladed, things that I knew that would be fun to me..That's the key, Find that one thing that you enjoy and each time you do it, challenge yourself Little more each time. Look I am where your at right now, its really hard to want something that you want so bad, but I know where your coming from. Long story short I went down to 164lb and love every minute of it. But happiest lol happen and I gain 20 back. But I am willing to try my hardest to get back on the weight-loss again. Look I hope Im not going to sound weird, but I think that if we talk to each other on Messenger, I think we will be able to give each other the support that we need. That's one thing I need the most and I not really getting here. You are just like me and I feel that if we help each other just by sating goals. We can do it. Do you watch biggest loser? cause we can do something like that. that's if you want too. Write back add me lil_Robinson85@yahoo.com. Thank.

No comments:

Post a Comment