Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tips & Advice - What should I do?

So it's the 2nd day of high school as a freshmen for me. I still haven't made any friends yet. What should I do? I want a friend [maybe someone in at least one class with me or will at least hang out with me at lunch] but I don't know what to do! Everyone seem to have their own friends and their own group.





No I'm not just complaining and doing nothing. I've tried talking to someone but couldn't keep up the conversation. It started with a question from me and then ended with her answer to my question. I didn't know what else to say to start a conversation.





Also, most people doesn't look like they want to be friends with me either. I'm not attractive at all so it's hard to talk to the guys and some of the girls. However, I'm going to try to become friends with the girls instead [because there are some who are nice/quiet/shy].





What should I do to make them like me and become my friend? How can I start a conversation and keep it going? I don't want to bore the other person and I don't want to attack them with questions.





Should I just build up courage to ask someone if I can hang out with them at lunch once I'm able to get a conversation going or talked to the person a bit? Or would I get rejected? Should I just wait until I talk to the person a few more times then?





I'm in need of serious help. I'm not even kidding. Today I skipped lunch (I wasn't hungry) and felt like a loner since I'm the only one without someone to hang out with. I felt so out of place/left out that I hid in the bathroom until lunch time was over.





I'm really scared I won't be able to make any friends.Tips %26amp; Advice - What should I do?
if you go to a school with a lot of people try to find people that sort of act or dress like you. People with a similar attitude. If you go to a big enough school thats the way to go. Otherwise just find a person with some common interests and make a best friend. It should get easier from there. I also agree use sports or clubs to find friends.Tips %26amp; Advice - What should I do?
If your not in any sports, maybe you should try sports or clubs... more people will notice you and itll give you something to talk about.
Go over to someone at lunch and just ask if you can sit there, if they so no, then go over to someone else, until you find someone. Also, maybe you want to try talking to someone you sit next to in a class, its hard to make good friends like that but you get your name out their and a chance to show your personality.





Also helpful hints. ..





1. I would definetaly suggest talking to girls first and easing your way into guys.





2. Get some more self-confidence, i'm sure your really pretty in your own way!
Everything will unfold as it should. I know that makes me sound like a total fortune cookie, but it's true! I just started a new school too, and I was feeling the exact same way for the first day. Chances are that a teacher will do an activity where you get put into a group. That's what happened to me today - I made two new friends!





I recommend making sure that the person that you try to sit with is very nice and not snobby. Nice people just want everybody to feel good. =)





What you're feeling is totally normal. All new kids feel that way until they find the kids they're meant to be friends with. You probably won't like to hear this, but give it a little time, and I promise that you'll find somebody. There's no way to ';make'; people like you - it happens or it doesn't. Hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment