Saturday, July 31, 2010

I am getting ready to start highschool..any tips or advice?

I am verry scared! i am scared mostly about the upper classmen thinking im weird or something...i dont want to be made fun of! please give me some tips or advice to calm me and help me through this...I am getting ready to start highschool..any tips or advice?
Honestly, upper classmen do very little if anything to be mean or whatever to freshmen. Highschool is nothing like any tv show you've seen on disney channel or anything else. It's a lot more boring and a whole lot less glamorous. Anyway, no one will make fun of you, trust me. In fact, you may even have a really good time, although expect a lot of homework! Assuming you're going to school with people from your middle school, you'll have friends already, and you can join clubs to meet more people. When I was a freshmen I was in the band, improv club, ping pong club, and some other stuff. High school just seems like this big bad thing because you don't know what to expect.I am getting ready to start highschool..any tips or advice?
I just started high school this year, and I was also worried about upperclassmen, especially since I am in the band and was around a lot of them during band camp. There are two things to keep in mind:





1) Don't try and act like you know more/ are cooler than... the upperclassmen, they don't appreciate it, and even if you know you're right it will just get you picked on


2) Act mature- Don't act like a dumb middle schooler or anything else, I found that by not joining in on some of the dumber antics of my fellow classmates I avoided getting made fun of by just about all the upperclassmen I encountered





And last of all, high school is nowhere near as bad as you think. You will still spend most of your time with kids in your own grade if that's who your friends are. Once you get used to being in a new school with the upperclassmen and all the changes that high school brings I'm sure you'll do fine.
I guess it depends where you go....but I'm a sophomore and I'm not really enjoying it. Last year I was mostly alone until almost by the end of the year I made some friends.


This year I was horribly verbally abused by a few seniors


(word of advice: don't think seniors are your friends, or, if they were, things will get around school pretty fast)


Heh, w/e.


Some things are okay I guess.


As a freshman I barely knew anyone in my school, but you'll be ok.


Just, one more thing, don't think you're so cool. Don't be fake. I know a few freshman like that, and they look really stupid. Just be yourself but don't fake. It really helps.


As a freshman I was first all ';Omg, I'm finally in high school! I'm so mature now, I'll show off!'; But now I'm like ';Screw this, who cares.';


There are stereotypes everywhere about stuff, but eventually you stop caring about what people think. And don't strive to be popular either, especially as a freshman, because it makes you look stuck up and just completely fake and retarded (I've seen, trust me). Actually the best friends you'll make would be those that most people ignore :)


This way, I have the best friends in the world now, and they even call themselves ';the misfits'; haha.
hehe, i'm a freshmen.


it's really not as bad as everyone says it is. :]


just chill, get lost on the first day, everyone will tower over you, laugh alot, making friends is easier then you think, concentrate on your work, have fun, act stupid, don't do stupid things that could ruin your future, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...enjoy it, it doesn't last long.


i really can't believe i'm leaving school so soon. it only feels like it's been a few months. it's been so fun. :]





good luck!
im going to high school next year too. and i was soo exited until last week. now im freaking out because im going to share a locker with my x-bf. but im a girl, girls get in fights, then they make up. wow i ust calmed myself down. haha thanks. but dont worry. teachers and older kids can hel u find your way around. and if ppl pick on u just beat em up.
Don't worry about what other people think in High School. if you woory, then people will think that you change your appearance or attitude to please other people, and then they will think you are a poser.


AND dont talk crap about other people behind thier beack. because people talk, no matter how much you trust them.


BELIEVE ME ON THAT!


Good luck in HS!
Be yourself high school is full of all diffrent crowds and trust me you will fit in to one dont rush it take my advice i was a weird freshman and i found a gang of others just like me it will work out stay yourself dnt change for anyone
If you're afraid of being made fun of high school is going to eat you alive. It's a petty place full of cliques and people ragging on people.


Just think of it as a new life experience that won't kill you and will make you stronger.
do good in school NO MATTER WHAT.


dont get caught up with older guys.


keep friends close, they'll change i promise.


watch people who talk crap %26amp; are fake. their everywhere.


be respectful to teachers, dont be rude because others are.





have fun %26lt;3





good luck %26lt;33





I graduate in 12 days!! :)
im a freshman you will get used to it all the grades above you are going to act like they are better i dont know why but i just ignore them but its fun cute boys 4 grades of people soooo theres more boys and it gets better and goes by very quickly
dont act stupid or lost be yourself dont be a poser and dont worry it will be fine... and most seniors are out of the hurting kids feelings stage..i am...haha actually i have always been nice...just dont gossip!!!!!!!! it will kill u and everyone will hate you!!!!!
Remeber all of them where in your shoes at one time, just beyourself and you will be okay
jus chill and ull be fine


dont act like ur lost

No comments:

Post a Comment