Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm having an 80's themed graduation party...any suggestions, tips, advice?

Doesn't matter on what, it could be attire, things I MUST have there, games we should play, uhmm. what else? DEFINITE songs I should play...anything! :] I'm just curious to see what some people will say.I'm having an 80's themed graduation party...any suggestions, tips, advice?
In music you definitely need ';new wave';.





Some singers are an absolute must: Prince. Billy Idol, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, Madonna, Tears for fears, REM, Men at work, oingo boingo, the pointer sisters, The bangles, The Go-Go's, Wham and, of course, careless whisper by George Michael, and many, many more.





Of course the hair mullet is a must hahaha, the Madonna hair and clothing style of the 80's also a must.





I agree about the Rubik's Cube, also you can have crosswords from that time.





You could try to get posters from some movies of that time: The breakfast club, ET, Porkys, Wargames, Ghost busters, Indiana Jones, The karate kid, Footlose, flashdance, sixteen candles etc.


Or from TV shows: Simon %26amp; Simon, Magnun PI, The Dukes of Hazard, A-Team, Alf, Cheers, etc.





You could check out this site: http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/tv%26amp;film鈥?/a> and others fro great ideas of that time.I'm having an 80's themed graduation party...any suggestions, tips, advice?
Oh man, about the songs, I can go on for HOURS. I am a HUGE 80s music buff. Please, add me if you want. I have about 700 80s hits on my computer. I can tell you SOOOO many. I will limit it if I can of songs people would know.





Bryan Adams - Summer of 69


Don Henley - Boys of Summer


Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian


Aerosmith - Walk this Way (with Run DMC)


Belinda Carlisle - Heaven is a Place on Earth





I really could go on and on but it would be a very long response to your question. Please add me if you want more 80s suggestions.





As far as games? - How bout Rubiks Cubes, regular Nintendo (if you have one), atari even. I really could go on and on here. Hope I got you started.





Like I said, add me if you want more suggestions.
Trivial Pursuit was a big game then. Also, just go to a CD store or an online music place and get the top hits of whatever 80s years you want to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment