Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tips, Advice, and Recommendations PLEASE!?

For the past week I haven't been getting much sleep because of my finals and work. I get up early in the morning for work, %26amp; then get off%26amp;sleep for a couple of hours %26amp;then study most of the night. The problem is my eyes hurt even when I close them%26amp;they get blurry. I also feel kind of disconnected like i'm not all here. Right now it's not happening because what normally happens is that I will be real sleepy and unfocused for awhile and then all of a sudden I will get these energy bursts, and I don't know where they come from but i'll be wide awake and very alert. This is one of those moments. I have been drinking energy drinks, coffee, and cokes. I am finishing up finals%26amp; I have a huge entrance exam coming up for Grad. school and I can't afford to sleep for more than a few hours at night%26amp;a nap for an hour or 2 after work. I'm on a shedule. I guess I am posting here to ask what kind of product or activity I can try to make these periods of alertness last longer?Tips, Advice, and Recommendations PLEASE!?
uh oh, you're gonna make yourself sick! Plus, it really is true that you'll do better and be clearer of mind if you get some rest and sleep.





About feeling like you're not there at all, you're probably experiencing de-realization, not a comfortable thing.





Seriously, when people are sleep-deprived enough they experience hallucinations. That will definitely not help with your final!!





Ginko Biloba is supposed to help with mental acuity, as are Omega three fatty acids. Neither are stimulants, as far as I know.





I hope this helps and that you get some rest!Tips, Advice, and Recommendations PLEASE!?
Do yourself a favor and just fix your schedule so that you can get sleep. You could be hurting your body using these energy drinks. Caffeine in large amounts can be dangerous. Besides that sleep is the body's time for restoration. I bet you could do even better on your exam if you were properly rested. These periods of alertness you are having are your body's survival mechanisms kicking in. You are getting a surge of adrenalin. If you have to skimp on sleep, at least give yourself no less than 6 hours of sleep a night. Even that is going to be hard on the body. I did what you are doing for a while and I know how it is, but if you look for it you will find the time to sleep. Give up the nap and get your sleep all at once. It really is important to your health! Good Luck on your exam.
Sugar/caffeine products will not help you concentrate. The feeling of detachment was probably triggered by all the sugar. It is a very scary feeling. Sleep is the best medicine for your case. I would suggest starting your mornings with a hearty breakfast and some cold liver oil extracts (this stuff really helps your brain)





cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment