Saturday, July 31, 2010

My baby is one yr and i want to wean him,, any tips advice techniques,, i know it wont be easy please help?

I began having trouble producing enough milk at around 8 months so I didn't have much choice, but I pumped and froze what I could and was able to provide milk for my son for nearly a year while I also introduced him to the beginner foods. We started with the little rice cereals and slowly began adding some pureed pears, apples and bananas to it. It helps their tummy feel full and you are able to cut back on the amount of milk or formula because it isn't their sole source of nutrition. When introducing any new food, you should only give him one new thing each week incase there is an allergic reaction. You'll know what is the likely cause and your doctor will know what to give him. Ask your doctor to be sure, but you should be able to also start giving him diluted apple juice between feedings. We let our son try lots of different tastes and textures as well as lots of different fruits and veggies. For awhile he even liked spinach, which I can't stand. Once he got on solids foods he wouldn't eat that anymore, but he does love fruits and veggies. He's 5 now and will eat tiny tomatoes for a snack! Best wishes!My baby is one yr and i want to wean him,, any tips advice techniques,, i know it wont be easy please help?
Depends on how attached he is to breastfeeding. First, try putting some milk in a sippy cup (he's too old for bottles now), see if he'd just take it. You skip every other breastfeeding, offer him solid foods %26amp; cup instead. Graually move to 2 times a day, and eventually no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment