Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'm suffering from chronic anxiety; can anyone give me tips or advice?

i suffer from chronic anxiety but i haven't yet sought professional help. in fact, thinking about getting help is stressing me out and worrying me (i realise thisis silly an counter-productive, yes.) can anyone help me out with tips or advice, meaning, either coping procedures or advice about what to expect hsouldi seek out treatment? thanks so much...I'm suffering from chronic anxiety; can anyone give me tips or advice?
Talk to your doctor about your anxiety. There are several medications on the market that can control the symptoms and allow you to have a normal life. Your doctor may even have a suggestion for a therapist you can work with to learn to modify your reactions to the anxiety. If your doctor doesn't have a suggestion ... open the phone and start calling therapists, counselors, social workers, psychologists and psychiatrists until you find one that works with anxiety-related problems.





Some of the things you can try on your own are:





#1 -- Start journaling, if you don't already. Carry a notebook with you and jot down all of your random thoughts and fears in the notebook, especially when you start to get the anxious feelings. Abuse the heck out of the notebook instead of yourself. Then once a day or once a week (or even never), whenever you are in a safe place that you don't have anxiety symptoms -- read back through what you've written to see if you can find the source of your anxiety. Work on that source.





#2 -- Turn off the voice in your head. I know that sounds silly, but that's exactly what I had to do when my anxiety was/is out-of-control. I literally lock myself in my car or a bathroom stall or my bedroom and I tell the voice: ';Shut-up! You are lying. I am _____ (a positive angle for whatever your particular anxiety is).'; Repeat your new-found mantra as often as you want to turn off the voice in your head. That voice is still there and it still talks to me, but I don't have to listen to its lies. :)





Good luck!I'm suffering from chronic anxiety; can anyone give me tips or advice?
The very best advice that I can give you, having suffered greatly with anxiety and panic attacks for years, is to do the program put out by the Midwest Center for Anxiety and Depression. Look them up online. It's run by a lady named Lucinda Bassett, who, by the way, also had extreme anxiety. I tried all of the medications and talk, but this 11-week program that I did at home WORKED. I have never had another anxiety attack since (over a year).





Good luck and God bless.
Hi el jano. I suffer from anxiety too. The best you can do is to go to a good psychiatrist. Therapy + meds are the best combination.


I am taking zyprexa and cymbalta. There are also other things you can do: acupuncture, yoga, exercise, go to the beach and get into the ocean, be exposed to sunlight.
try breathing techiques (slowing breath in and out) when you feel it coming on. For me personally, i like to go into a quite room and close my eyes. Out in public or at work a restroom can be best for privacy until it goes away. Honestly the best thing (and the hardest) is to try to calm down and not freak when it happens. It takes some time and a lot of effort.
speaking from experience, get help. It wont get any better. You dont need to be on medication forever...i was on it for 2 months and then things got better. It has nothing to do with you, sometimes chemical imbalance in the brain can cause this.


Therapy also helps, and believe it or not, yoga. good luck.
i'm the same way, what do you worry about, IM me on yahoo under this name
I have really bad panic attacks. I take a sedative for it and I am for the most part OK every day. Sometimes I will have an attack though with the medication. I have had them since I was 15 (20 now) and the best way when I am having anxiety or a panic attack I have to go in my head and think of the most comfortable place I can be. For this I pick the beach, I describe it to every detail out loud, and then repeat some where warm. I only do this in private. If you are in public and experience an anxiety attack, just think of your special place then think of the word that would best describe it. aka mine is some where warm. I don't know why but it helps a lot. And yes I think you should seek treatment. It is amazing how you can feel with just seeing a consular about it. And if medication doesn't bother you, you should even consider trying to ease the anxiety with that. Best of luck!
just get help, they can give you antidepresents and therapy that can really help.
I watched this movie not to long ago its call The Secret, It really opened my eyes its about the Laws of Attraction ( what ever you you wish for you get) I you want something bad enough and believe that you can get it, and then imagining having it already. I will come true. This movie is very powerful. It has really changed my life, I'm actually happy about my life and good things are happening to me. You should really check it out.
This is a very good blog, a beginner鈥檚 guide to abnormal psychology.


Short, clear and simple; and you can even post your question





http://sensitive-psychoworld.blogspot.co鈥?/a>
  • mask making
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment