Saturday, August 21, 2010

Advice for a student giving younger students clarinet lessons? Or musical tips in general, please?

I'm a sophomore in high school, and ocassionally I'll be giving some younger students (specifically 7th %26amp; 8th graders) who play the clarinet, lessons. I'm pretty musically inclined and good at helping others and so on...but I've never done this specific thing before, and I am asking for any tips and tricks in giving musical lessons in general? :) Thank you! :)Advice for a student giving younger students clarinet lessons? Or musical tips in general, please?
Make the music fun...that's not to say that is has to be ';fun'; music, but rather that even the most boring pieces can be fun.





Find something to praise in the person's playing style...even if this person is a total klutz.

No comments:

Post a Comment