Thursday, August 19, 2010

What are some tips/advice you can give a cheerleader?

I am on the Freshman cheer team at my High School. It's football season. I want to know some tips/advice like locking your arms and legs. This mainly goes for tumbling/stunting. I know my motions and some what jumps. Basketball season starts around November and I want to stand out and show alot of improvment. If you can give more than a few things to say I'd really appreciate it! Thanks so much!What are some tips/advice you can give a cheerleader?
Always count in your head, and for basing you need to squat and keep your back straight, look at the flyer at all times and always have a good attitude and take criticism well.What are some tips/advice you can give a cheerleader?
Smile and look like your having fun.


The whole purpose of cheerleading is to pump up the crowd =]





If you are a flyer, make eye contact with the audience during your stunts.





Cheer loud and proud like you've been doing it your whole life





If you make a mistake, smile and move on, its no big deal.





Make your movements sharp, but don't be too stiff.





If you are a flyer and your in a stunt, squeeze your but like there is a penny in between, and if you drop the penny, you die. Haha =]





If you are a baser, make sure you do everything on the exact count





If you are a backer, make sure your eyes are on the flyer at all times, because if she is to fall, you need to catch her.





Hope I Help =]

No comments:

Post a Comment