Thursday, August 19, 2010

Basketball tips/advice/suggestions?

Well, I have basketball tryouts in the end of November. I want to be a starter on the varsity team REALLY badly. My coach has already told me that I will be on varsity this year so I don't have to worry about making the team although that doesn't mean I'll go easy. I was on the varsity team last year and I did start a couple times. Despite that, I still have low confidence in myself so I want to practice all the time til I'm sure I'll be a starter.





What can I do that will help me? Do you know any drills (or something similar) that will help?


I need to work on my shooting and weak hand dribbling.Basketball tips/advice/suggestions?
First of all, you need to get confidence in yourself (by doing the drills, etc., that people suggest). Coaches and other players can sense when you don't have any confidence and that can cut into your playing time.





Your ball handling and shooting will definitely be important, but make sure to work on your passing, rebounding and defense as well. Being a ';complete'; player makes you more likely to start.





There are tips on who coaches love to play and how to improve these aspects of your game at www.basketball-tips-and-training.comBasketball tips/advice/suggestions?
I would practice long range shooting.





I practiced long range shooting at the New Jersey Nets practice facility, and after about a week or so, I was able to shoot an NBA three pointer!! Not kidding! (and im in middle school LOL!!)
practice all shots..

No comments:

Post a Comment