Saturday, August 21, 2010

Work out advice, tips, help?

I jump rope every hour, for 1 min., 30 sec. straight and then wait till the next hour. I increase it every week, but this is my first week, so I need help. Everyday, I wake up sore from jump rope and ever since I've started, I've been hungry ALL the time. I try not to eat unless I start to hear rumbling really loud, but I can feel that I'm still hungry all the time! Is that normal? Am I just burning calories and my body needs more calories to keep running? If so, what can I eat where I can lose weight still? I have an egg in the morning, a sandwich for lunch (like two slices lunch meat, 2 slices bread, no more) and then I'm in the car for dinner, so I eat like a sub sometimes, or chicken or something like that. Am I doing anything wrong? I have my plan for jump rope so I don't think I should put all of that here, but if anyone could give me advice, I'd really really appreciate it, thank you!! (ten pts:P)Work out advice, tips, help?
Eating 6 small meals a day is a good way to keep satisfied and to keep your metabolism fueled. It sounds like you're eating healthy food, try adding 2 or 3 healthy snacks a day too: string cheese, almonds, carrot sticks and peanutbutter... etc.





The previous answerer stated that cardio is the only way to lose weight: FALSE. Your metabolism is revved up to burn extra calories/fat for 25-35 minutes after a cardio workout session, resistance training (weightlifting) provides 24-48 HOURS of heightened metabolic activity. Building lean muscle mass is the best way to burn fat because lean muscle burns calories all the time, even when you're sleeping! The jumping rope is great because you're getting cardio and resistance training at the same time! The soreness is a sign that your muscles are repairing themselves. Try jumping rope every other day though, to give your muscles time to recover, and do a different muscle group (with pushups and crunches) on the other days!





you're off to a good start though!Work out advice, tips, help?
I hate cardio too but that's what you have to do to lose weight. It is better to do your cardio for a while and not your 1.5 minutes every hour. The trick to cardio is to get your heart rate up and to keep it up. Try to jump rope for longer, morning and night.





You are always hungry because you are activating your motabolism. Eat 6 small meals a day and you will feel less hungry in addition to helping your motabolism even more.
Egg: no good!


Oatmeal: Good! And tasty!


Maybe you should stick to 1min first! I used to do 50 jumping jacks and 20 push-ups and my feet would be so sore. Stay @ your level. And go up slowly.
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment